Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Happy Birthday Flod!



Well, today's Flod's birthday, and while he may, at this point, appear to simply be a figment of my imagination, he is real. I think. Anyway, earlier today he claimed to be the only Crazy Pop who's a Gen Xer. So I went to wikipedia, which is pretty much where I get all my information these days, and here's what they say:

"A popular starting year of Gen X is 1965 when North American birth rates had dropped into what is frequently called the "Baby Bust" that followed the Baby Boom span of 19461964. But since many notable people who are normally thought of as clearly Gen-X, such as Courtney Love, Janeane Garofalo and Eddie Vedder, were born in 1964, this year is often cited as the beginning of Generation X."

Okay, first of all, the fact that I was born the same year as Courtney Love is almost enough to make me off myself with a shotgun. Almost. Secondly, at what point does claiming to be a Gen Xer go out of style? When you get your first hip replacement surgery? And thirdly, if 1965 is the beginning of Gen X, what the hell am I? Pre-Gen Xer? Or just plain old?

Happy Birthday, Flod. Welcome to middle age. It's fun here. Until Courtney Love shows up, anyway.

Comments:
Not only are you old. I'm only 38! Ha! You're living an hour in the future.
 
Dammit! Okay, I think I fixed that. I don't wanna be an hour older than I really am! That means I'm going to die an hour earlier!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Flux Directory