Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Rock and/or Roll


I try to expose my children....okay, that didn't sound right. I try to talk to my kids and tell them about all kinds of different things. Important things. Like music, for example. The Mixmaster loves the Curious George soundtrack, for example, and the G-Man loves all the songs from the Thomas the Tank Engine shows. But I try to occasionally play some other things for them, so as to mix it up and to keep me sane. Because, sometimes, I think if I hear "Oh yes it's great to be an engine blahblahblah" one more time I'm going to go into a fetal position as I'm driving. And then I'd crash. Anyhow, so I plug my Zen Jukebox into my Jeep stereo and I let them hear some good music - some John Eddie, some Dramarama, some Flogging Molly, some Kings of Leon - on occasion. And we talk about it so they know what they're hearing.

So yesterday I picked them up from school, and it was obvious that the G-Man had had a long day. It was "Splash Day," after all, and I could tell he was fried like a high school kid the morning after Grad Night. So I put them both into the Jeep and I got in and the G-Man, from the back seat, says, "Daddy, I need some rock and roll. I need some rock and roll now."

I'm so proud.

Comments:
Oh, man. That's great! Between that and them calling you bitch, you have a funny family. I'm funny in a ha-ha way. Oh, nevermind. Take the compliment, bitch.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Flux Directory