Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

Sunday Random Sunday

- Tonight, in my hockey game, I scored a goal. Off of my calf. Not my stick, my calf. Not as in, "my baby cow," but as in, "the back of my leg." It was surreal.

- Today, for the first time, the G-Man started peddling his bike. Up until now, he's been Flintstoning it, using his feet to go, but today he started peddling. Stay off the roads, ladies and gentlemen. A 3 year old is on the loose. A very dedicated 3 year old. Because once he figured out he could do it, he spent the entire day doing it. Sort of like the first time I had sex. Or not.

- Last night I had asparagus with my dinner. So today, every time I step into the bathroom, my olfactory senses have been tingling with a new, yet slightly familiar, odor. It's refreshing, in a "what the hell is - oh, yeah, I had asparagus" sort of way.

- Yesterday I watched "The Wizard of Oz" for the first time since, well, since it came out. I'm that old. Anyhow, I watched it with the Mixmaster, because he's at that age where he really enjoys movies, and I just have one question: Where the hell does the red brick road go to? I mean, sure, the yellow brick road goes to the Emerald City and, eventually, to the guy behind the curtain. But where does that red brick road that you see in Munchkinland go to? Is that some kind of Yellow Brick Road Frontage Road? Or is it more sinister than that?

Comments:
Having watched The Wizard several times at the video store, I have several questions like your Red Brick one. In fact, I think I have enough material at this point to write a really funny skit based on it.

...if I weren't so lazy.
 
Ooh - you should. There's a lot of material in that movie. I had several thoughts like the red brick road one as I watched it. And I'm sure that as I watch it 100 times over the next few days (if you have kids, you'll understand) I'll have several more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Flux Directory