Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

Why is this man smiling?

Is it because:

a) He's being molested by 4 hands of women half his age? Approximately?
b) His son is starting first grade at a Denver Public School and that is not a smile, but a look of concern?
c) His improv troupe is on fire and is performing this Tuesday night?

The correct answer? C. And B. And, okay, A. What the hell, right?

If you're needing a laugh - and with school starting this week, who doesn't? - come down to the Avenue Theater at 417 East 17th Avenue, Tuesday night, August 22nd, at 7:30, for the ROUS "Back To School Spectacular." We'll be doing all kinds of fun things we've never done before and we're expecting a good crowd, so get there early to get a good seat. $10.00 includes a free drink. And, if you're lucky, maybe you'll be molested by hands, too. Choose your seat carefully.

And, yes, the Mixmaster is starting first grade tomorrow morning at a DPS school.
He went to a private Kindergarten at the Auraria Early Learning Center, so he's now going from a student/teacher ratio of 18/4 to one of 29/1. That's right - there are 29 kids in his class with one teacher. One teacher! Needless to say, I'm a little freaked out. I plan on getting involved over there so I can help out. In fact, the school lost his paperwork originally and we went in a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have him in the computer and I developed this attitude like, "Don't you know who I am? Oh, you will. You will. You're going to get sick of me." I did a lot of things with his pre-school and kindergarten: We built a house in kindergarten over several weeks, I went on field trips with them, and Emily and I taught them a bunch of improv games every week for 6 or 8 weeks. Which was really cool. If you've never known the joy of having eighteen 5 year olds respond to your command to "be a sandwich" you don't know what you're missing.

Anyway, one of the reasons I started my own business 6 years ago was just this: To be able to be involved with my kids' schooling. So I plan on investing a ton of time in his school, which, while crowded, has a very good reputation. And is only a block away from our house. But I'm still freaked out. 29 kids? Don't you know who I am?

Oh, and if you're still reading this and you can't make Tuesday or you want a double dose of comedy this week, check out my pals in Monkey's Uncle Comedy Improv Troupe tomorrow night, Monday, August 21, at the new Jazz at Jack's. www.monkeysuncle.info for more info.

Comments:
Ahhh, thanks for the plug!
 
You got it, man! Thanks for coming to our show and doing your shtick tomorrow night, too. And our lights. And our sound. And and and...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Flux Directory